|Preferred Language:||English and Chinese or other language|
|Program Area:||Settlement Services, Community Services|
|Location:||Social Service offices in Toronto, IRC, MSWC, Toronto-LINC Centre, Finch Office, Woodside Square|
|Time Commitment:||Flexible; dependent on the need for interpreter services|
Interpreters convert spoken language from one language to another between 2 parties on a two-way basis in formal meetings or workshop settings.
- Support people who require understanding of certain communication in a language that is foreign or unfamiliar to them in a formal setting
- Facilitate effective communication between 2 parties
- Show up on time at the appointment
- Excellent English and be a fluent speaker of an additional language
- Maintain confidentiality at all time
- Punctual, able to work independently with no supervision
- Required to have good understanding of the culture of the clients
- Must be 21 years of age or older
Note: Click the Apply button below, and indicate this specific position you are interested in under 'Any conditions (medical/physical/other concerns) that we should be aware of ' towards the bottom of the online form.