|Preferred Language:||English, other languages will be an asset|
|Program Area:||Children and Youth Programs|
|Location:||IRC, MSWC, Toronto-LINC Centre, Finch Office, Woodside Square, IYC|
|Time Commitment:||One or two days per week for 2 hours from 4:00p.m. - 6:00 p.m. for a minimum of one|
Tutor supports new immigrant students looking to strengthen their academic performance and develop their abilities in English reading, writing and speaking.
- Identify learner's learning style and follow the learning plan
- Provide one-on-one tutoring
- Support the class instructor for performing routine tasks
- Patient, non-judgmental, optimistic, adaptable and open to learners
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently with learners
- Willing to undergo a police record check and provide references when requested
Note: Click the Apply button below, and indicate this specific position you are interested in under 'Any conditions (medical/physical/other concerns) that we should be aware of ' towards the bottom of the online form.