|Position Title:||Youth Program Assistant|
|Preferred Language:||English, other languages will be an asset|
|Program Area:||Youth Programs|
|Time Commitment:||To be determined by different programs. For Peer Buddy Mentors, 1-2 hours per week for a minimum of 3 months commitment required|
Volunteers who are in high school, college and university can volunteer in the following roles: Teaching Assistant, Camp Counsellors, Program Assistant, Creative Lab Volunteer, Community Garden Volunteer, Special Events Volunteer and Peer Buddy Mentors.
- All assist in the planning, preparation, setup/cleanup of a youth program
- Ensure that participants are using program materials safely and properly
- Program Assistants gain administrative experience and tasks include data entry, updating registration/attendance records, generating statistical reports, photocopying program material, etc.
- Creative Lab Volunteers use their artistic skills to create displays for various events as well as prepare art & craft lessons for camp
- Community Garden Volunteers are involved in planting and nurturing flowers, fruits & vegetables in the garden. Tasks depend on the season.
- Special Events Volunteers help us with all that is needed to put on big festivals and shows
- Peer Buddy Mentors provide the mentee one-on-one support during monthly meetings
- Priority is given to youth volunteers who are in high school.
- Teaching Assistants, Camp Counsellors and Peer Buddy Mentors are selected through an application and interview process.
- Ability to follow instructions and ask questions when in doubt
- Ability to communicate well and work in a team
- Ability to follow through tasks and complete assignment as instructed
- Responsible, committed and eager to learn from others
Note: Click the Apply button below, and indicate this specific position you are interested in under 'Any conditions (medical/physical/other concerns) that we should be aware of ' towards the bottom of the online form.