CICS offers unique programming and services for immigrant women and their families from diverse backgrounds as they integrate into a new country. Our Settlement Workers provide one-on-one settlement service, orientation, information and referrals, interpretation and advocacy to all immigrant women in need.
Most of our immigrant women services are funded by IRCC. With the support from volunteers and community partners, we offer a variety of women's programs and support groups all year around. All the programs and support groups provide a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment for immigrant women.
A wide range of programs and services have been offered aiming at empowering immigrant women to become physically and mentally healthier, self-confident, relationally competent and financially independent.
To enhance their financial independence, we have various employment related programs such as:
- Nail Technician Training
- Beauty Consultant Training
- Home Child Care Provider Workshop
- LinkedIn Workshop
- Food Handler Certificate Program
- Cashier Training Program
- First Aid and CPR Training
- SOAR (Skills, Opportunities, Action plan, Resources) Office Administration Employment Training
- Self-Employment Program
The WE Program volunteer training aims to enhance self-confidence in immigrant women. They practice their language skills, learn about community resources, build the skills they need to help themselves and their families, and expand their social network beyond their ethnic group. Through the supportive environment and contribution to the community by volunteering after the training, the immigrant women are empowered and become more confident.
To enhance their relational competence, we offer programs such as:
- Triple P parenting skills training for the parents with children between 0 and 8 years of age
- Parenting skills training for the parents with teenage children
- Pre-natal classes
- Immigrant women support group focusing on enriching relationship in marriage
- enhance their physical and mental well-being, we have various health and wellness related programs such as:
- My Mind Matters – Mental Health Series Workshop;
- Stress Management Women Support Group
- Yoga Class / Zumba Class
- Diabetes Prevention Program
For the details about immigrant women service, please call 905-415-9763
CICS' immigrant women services are offered across different CICS locations and five Welcome Centres in York Region. Call to find out more at 905-479-7926 (for York Region) or 416-292-7510 (for Toronto).